Healthcare Process Design | Orthopedic Clinic
Applying Intelligent Healthcare Process Design
How an Advanced Orthopedics Clinic Applied Intelligent Process Design to Positively Impact Patient Care
This advanced orthopedic clinic was facing staffing challenges and reimbursement changes; while also striving to meet patients’ needs. To overcome these challenges, the clinic needed a change. This change focused around three pillars of innovation: Technology+Process+People. That meant:
- Deploying technologies to support operational excellence
- Applying operational data to drive continuous process improvements
- Growing a culture of innovation and capacity for change management
Using an intelligent process design and location-based workflow data, they were able to improve inefficiencies in patient flow, add more value to each patient visit, and increase staff engagement and satisfaction.
Quantified operational improvements included:
- Reduce patient cycle time by 25%
- Converted over 4,500 minutes each week of non-value added time to value-added time
- Added 1,700 more patient visits, improving patient access
- Generated 92 additional surgical cases through expanded number of patient visits
- Reduced 2,264 nursing hours and reallocated nursing staff to other lines of service
- Increased annual net revenue by 24% – equating to significant changes to the bottom line
Want to learn more about how this orthopedics clinic applied intelligent healthcare process design to improve patient care?
Learn more about Intelligent InSites software solutions for the healthcare industry.